Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I celebrated my 26th birthday on Sunday,March 6th and boy was it an eventful weekend(to say the least!)

Friday Night I was driving home&was hit by another car who wasn't paying attention.She ran through the stop sign(so we think)&or was texting. In any case,everyone involved,meaning me&the other driver,were fine but sweet little blue was not.She was towed away from Melina's house yesterday morning:( She was a good car to me through the years&now I get to go on the fun adventure(slight sarcasm) of finding another one. I dislike rude insurance companies but am grateful that I have dealt with my own who have been very kind&helpful in explaining&sorting out this mess.I was also still paying on it so it was considered "totaled"&thankfully i had been paying the gap insurance(sigh of relief:)

Saturday&Sunday was Stake Conference&we were honored to listen to Elder Holland speak.It was a once in a lifetime opportunity&I'm grateful I was able to attend&to hear from one of the Lord's apostles.

Sunday Night I celebrated with my family.My niece,Jada,also happens to have the same birthday so it was a fun filled event.Typically if it's your birthday you pick what you want to eat.Jada wanted tacos:)I,however,wanted the good stuff-all Samoan food:chop suey,corn beef,&bananas(in coconut milk-so SO GOOD!)to top it off Melina made me my new favorite cake:its a coconut cake that's dusted with powdered sugar.

I had a great 26th birthday & am looking forward to whatever adventures lie ahead of me!Thanks for all the birthday wishes,fb messages,texts,calls,gifts-I love the people in my life!I'm truly a blessed girl!


No comments: